God, grant me the Serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the Courage to change the one I can, and the Wisdom to know . . . it's me.
The next time you feel like GOD can't use you, just remember . . .
Noah was a drunk
Abraham and Sarah were too old to have children
Isaac was a daydreamer
Jacob was a liar
Leah was considered old and ugly
Young Joseph was abused by his own brothers
Moses had a real stuttering problem
Gideon was afraid of everything
Samson had long hair and was a womanizer
Rahab was a prostitute
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young
David had an affair and was a murderer
Elijah was suicidal
Isaiah preached naked
Jonah ran and hid from God
Naomi was a widow
Job went bankrupt
John the Baptist ate bugs
Peter denied Christ
The Disciples fell asleep while praying
Martha worried and obsessed about everything
The Samaritan woman was divorced, several times
Zaccheus was really short
Paul was overly religious and aggravated most people
Timothy had a bad ulcer
Ester was an orphan . . . and
Lazarus was dead!
No more excuses, okay? In the circle of God's love, He is waiting to use your full potential.
Points to Ponder:
1. God wants spiritual fruit, no religious nuts.
2. Dear God, I have a problem. It's me.
3. Growing old is inevitable. Growing UP is optional.
4. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.
5. Silence is often misinterpreted but never misquoted.
6. Do the math. Count your blessings.
7. Faith is the ability to not panic.
9. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.
10. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.
11. Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.
12. The most important thing in your house are the people.
13. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still.
14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
Mom on a Mission